Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 15-04-11, 10:49

Default David Wright

Name - "official" name and what they were known as

David Wright

Date and place of birth

c 1791 in Long Ditton, Surrey

Names of parents

James Wright and Phillis Whiting

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

16 January 1792 at Long Ditton and Tolworth, Surrey (IGI)

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

9 January 1827 at Horsham, Sussex to Catherine Wenham (IGI)

Occupation(s) - if any

Lodging House Keeper and Servant

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

1841 - Catherine was living in Mickleham, Surrey with the children (no sign of David)
1851 - Cowslip Cottages, Mickleham, Surrey
1861 - Cowslip Cottages, Mickleham, Surrey
1868 - Howard Road, Dorking, Surrey

Date, place and cause of death

15 August 1868 Howard Road, Dorking, Surrey - cause - Senile, Softening of the Brain, Exhaustion and Diarrhea

Date and place of burial.

21 August 1868 at The Municipal Cemetery, Dorking Surrey (NBI)

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

I David Wright of Mickleham Surrey do declare this to be my last Will and Testament I give and bequeath all my of property whatsoever nature and kind to my dear wife Catherine Wright for her life After her decease to my dear children James Wright Letitia the wife of William Charman Catherine the wife of Edgar Rust Ellen Wright and Maria Wright equally to be divided between them and I appoint my said wife and my said daughter Emma Wright the Executrux of this my last Will April 24th 1861 - David Wright - signed by the above named David Wright as his last Will and Testament in our presence and witnessed by us in his presence and in the presence of each other this 24th April 1861 - Thomas Edward Rose Mickleham Surrey Grocer James Difford Mickleham Surrey Tallow Chandler

Proved at London 24th April 1869 by the oath of Emma Wright spinster the daughter the surviving Executrix to whom admon was granted

On the 24th day of April 1869 the Will of David Wright formerly of Mickleham in the county of Surrey but late of Howard Road Dorking in the same county deceased who died on 15th day of August 1868 at Howard Road aforesaid was proved in the Principal Registry of Her Majesty's Court of Probate by the oath of Emma Wright of No. 62 Morton Road Islington in the county of Middlesex the daughter and surviving Executrix named in the said Will she having first sworn duly to administer

Effects under £100

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

Link to daughter:Catherine Wright

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 09-10-12 at 16:10.

Tags
to3g23