Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 27-04-12, 08:41

Default Peter Birch

Name - "official" name and what they were known as

Peter Birch

Date and place of birth

Unknown

Names of parents

Unknown

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

Marriage to Hannah or Ann Haskew (mothers maiden name listed in children's baptisms.)
Possibly 27 November 1775 in Tixall, Staffordshire - children born in Coton, Staffordshire which is about 9miles away

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

Coton, Staffordshire

Date, place and cause of death

Unknown

Date and place of burial.

Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

Link to daughter: Lucy Birch

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 08-10-12 at 20:35.
Old 27-04-12, 18:42
Administrator

FamilySearch has a Peter Birch buried 26 Oct 1812 at Tamworth but Findmypast has him down as Peter Bird, age 66. Buried at St Editha. I suppose you would have to see the actual parish register image to know which transcription is correct, but FreeREG also has him down as Birch, and they give abode as Coton so it looks likely to be him, don't you think?
There is a Hannah Birch buried at the same church 11 Sep 1827 age 67, but I can't see it on FreeREG to check the abode (they've only done up to 1812 so far so we were lucky with Peter's burial!).

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 28-04-12, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
FamilySearch has a Peter Birch buried 26 Oct 1812 at Tamworth but Findmypast has him down as Peter Bird, age 66. Buried at St Editha. I suppose you would have to see the actual parish register image to know which transcription is correct, but FreeREG also has him down as Birch, and they give abode as Coton so it looks likely to be him, don't you think?
There is a Hannah Birch buried at the same church 11 Sep 1827 age 67, but I can't see it on FreeREG to check the abode (they've only done up to 1812 so far so we were lucky with Peter's burial!).
Thanks Kate, I'll look into that. I have very little on the Birch's so it would be nice to get somewhere with it.
Old 04-05-12, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post

Not sure on this one now after checking it.

There is also a Robert Birch burial for Tamworth in 1803 aged 18 son of Peter and Elizabeth and the abode is Coton.

That burial in 1812 of a Peter could be that Peter who was married to Elizabeth, not my Peter who was married to Ann.

More than one Peter Birch living in Coton?
Old 04-05-12, 15:45

I was playing around with your Peter Birch the other day and found some possible pieces of the puzzle. Was hoping to find you something clearer before posting, Marg, but ran out of time; so I'll at least turn over this much for what it's worth. You may have seen this long since and rejected it, but in case not here it is.

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms...yFreemenV2.pdf
Right names, wrong time period, but I was interested to see there are both Peter Birch (and other Birches) and John Stanley, both names in Warwickshire that I see on your threads.

Don't know if you want to claim this Peter Birch or not... !

pages 141-142
http://books.google.com/books?id=3ys...rch%22&f=false

page 702
http://books.google.com/books?id=5zA...mworth&f=false

Janet (Niagara)
Old 04-05-12, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I was playing around with your Peter Birch the other day and found some possible pieces of the puzzle. Was hoping to find you something clearer before posting, Marg, but ran out of time; so I'll at least turn over this much for what it's worth. You may have seen this long since and rejected it, but in case not here it is.

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms...yFreemenV2.pdf
Right names, wrong time period, but I was interested to see there are both Peter Birch (and other Birches) and John Stanley, both names in Warwickshire that I see on your threads.

Peter Birch is my OH's side, John Stanley is my side

Don't know if you want to claim this Peter Birch or not... !

pages 141-142
http://books.google.com/books?id=3ys...rch%22&f=false

page 702
http://books.google.com/books?id=5zA...mworth&f=false

Haven't a clue

Tags
to4g39