Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 20-05-11, 09:06

Default Nathaniel Woodgate

Name - "official" name and what they were known as

Nathaniel Woodgate

Date and place of birth

c1787 in Great Welnetham, Suffolk

Names of parents

John Woodgate and Rachel Chaplin

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

29 June 1788 in Great Welnetham, Suffolk

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

3 May 1813 in Hawstead, Suffolk to Frances Moore

Occupation(s) - if any

Agricultural Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

1814-1822 in Great Welnetham, Suffolk (births of children) then on up to 1863 in Shimpling, Suffolk

Date, place and cause of death

22 July 1863 in Shimpling, Suffolk - cause - Hypertrophia Cordis (unaturally enlarged heart)

Date and place of burial.

28 July 1863 at St George's, Shimpling, Suffolk

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

This is the last Will and Testament of me Nathaniel Woodgate of Shimpling in the County of Suffolk Gentleman I give unto my dear wife Fanny Woodgate all my furniture plate linen apparel china liquors and chattles of the nature for her own use and benefit I give to my said wife and to Mr John Woodgate of Brent Eleigh in the County of Suffolk Gentleman all the property which may be due or coming to me under the Will of the late Robert Chaplin of Marks Tey in the county of Essex Gentleman and all other my money securities for money and personal estate whatsoever upon trust to convert the same into money as soon is convenient according to their discretion and to invest the same as they may think best and to pay the interest and dividends to my said wife to allow her to receive the same during her life and from and after he decease upon trust to pay and divide the principal money and securities unto and equally amongst all my children the living or the issue of such as may be then dead such issue such issue taking his her or their parents share equally amongst them I direct that my Executors and Trustees may if they think proper pay the share of any infant to his or her lawful guardian during his or her minority I appoint my said wife and my friend the said John Woodgate Executors of this my Will I give to the said John Woodgate a legacy of five pounds in witness whereof I have hereinto set my hand this tenth day of April one thousand eight hundred and sixty three - Nathl Woodgate - signed and acknowledged by the said Nathaniel Woodgate as his last Will and Testament in the presence of us both being present at the same time who in his presence and in the presence of each other have at his request have hereunto set our names as witnesses - Richard Almack Melford - Thomas Y Butcher Shimpling

On the fifteenth day of March the Will of Nathaniel Woodgate late of Shimpling in the County of Suffolk Gentleman deeceased, who died on the twenty second day of July 1863 at Shimpling aforesaid was proved in the District Registry attched to Her Majesty's Court of Probate at Bury St Edmunds by the oath of Fanny Woodgate of Shimpling aforesaid the lawful widow and Relict of the deceased one of the Executors named in the Will having been first sworn duly to administer power being reserved of making the Grant to John Woodgate the other Executor named in the said Will when he shall apply for the same

Effects under £800

Probate extracted by Messrs R & H H Almack solicitors Melford

It is hereby certified that the above is a correct copy of the original Will

Admon (with Will) of goods unadministered passed by Bury St Edmunds
October 1878

Memorial inscription - if any

Couldn't find one

Link to daughter:Frances Jane Woodgate

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 09-10-12 at 15:44.

Tags
to3g27