Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 29-06-11, 12:19

Default Mother of William Street FFFFM (OH`s)

The only census i find William Street on is 1851, which says he was born in Belper abt 1819, on his marriage cert in 1850 he says his father is William Street, occupation cotton spinner.

There is a baptism, 9 July 1819 at Belper but parents are Thomas Street and Milicent. I have not found Thomas or Milicent on a census.

William Street was a labourer on his marriage cert, but a hawker in 1851, his wife Hannah dies in 1854 giving birth to their second child, who also died and his first child is brought up by Hannah`s mother, having his name changed to Calladine and William is never seen again.

My avatar is Gertrude Fletcher my grandmother. (1879-1945)
Old 29-06-11, 12:47
Administrator

There are two William Streets born Belper about 1820-1 on the 1861 census - one age 41, living in Belper, mechanic (fitter), married, with children John, Thomas, Joseph and Ann, and one age 40 living in Tupton, a shoemaker journeyman with wife Edward (I know, but that is what it says on the image!), and children Abraham, Emma, Isaac, Phoebe and Anne. I think the Tupton one is the one who is in Belper in 1851 with wife Emma. Anyway, there are obviously a few William Streets born Belper around the same time.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 29-06-11, 14:09

Thank you for looking Kite, i had seen the one with Edward as a wife, hes a shoemaker apprentice in 1841 and looks like Edward is Emma in 1851.

The other one is in Manchester in 1851

My avatar is Gertrude Fletcher my grandmother. (1879-1945)

Tags
to3g32