Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 17-11-15, 09:30
Administrator

lol Kate! Good idea

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 17-11-15, 09:36

They also tend to reply there too.

They don't like bad publicity.
Old 17-11-15, 09:43
Administrator

I'm probably a bit dumb, but I've never got to grips with facebook, as I still don't understand where to post unless it's just a comment on someone else's post

I assumed I'd find the fmp Facebook page easily enough, but I found dozens. Please could someone point me in the right direction?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 17-11-15, 09:47
Administrator

https://www.facebook.com/findmypast/?fref=ts

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 18-11-15, 06:47
Administrator

Thanks Kate.

I can see that Visitor Posts are where the 1939 comments/complaints appear (It's taken me since yesterday to work that out!), but I can't see how to post a visitor post, so I'm still stuck

Old 18-11-15, 07:17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Thanks Kate.

I can see that Visitor Posts are where the 1939 comments/complaints appear (It's taken me since yesterday to work that out!), but I can't see how to post a visitor post, so I'm still stuck
They display as visitor posts, but the place to type it in is near the top of the screen. Just below the big "1939 Register" banner and tabs marked Timeline, About, Photos, Videos, More, with Like and Share buttons, you should see on the right hand side of the screen, a box with "Write something" in it and with a Post button. It's just above FMP's own posts.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 18-11-15, 11:35
Administrator

Thanks very much

I'll get on to it this evening when I'm not so painty. I've under a quarter of the living room walls to go and then seven out of eight curtains still to turn up before I can get back to other things properly.

Old 19-11-15, 05:56

Oh, those sneaky rats. I clicked on Kite's link in post #44 and came to a FindMyPast Facebook page but I couldn't see anything like what she was describing. Then I noticed that the URL said www[dot]facebook[dot]com/findmypastus. Looking around I then saw that at the top of the page it said "Findmypast Website Redirected from Findmypast" where this last word contained a link. Clicking on it, I finally came to the Facebook page with "1939 Register" in the cover photo.

Just in case anybody else is scratching their head.

Janet (Niagara)
Old 19-11-15, 06:31
Administrator

Kate's link worked for me, Janet, but I have a brain blockage when it comes to facebook! Anyway, I've just posted my query in very polite terms! This is what I said:

Quote:
(This post is regarding page 1616A/006. All the transcriptions for the open records on this page (40 names) have the names duplicated from page 1616J/006 in error, but all other data transcribed correctly)
I have unlocked the household for my grandparents family (on page 1616A/006). and used the Report Error facility to offer corrections for the names of the three open records in the household. Am I correct in thinking there is no way for me to submit corrections for the other ten households on the page as I have not unlocked these households (but I have of course physically viewed them!)? I tried reporting the 40 incorrect names by email, but was told I must use the Report Error facility to offer corrections. I'm afraid I am not willing to pay for ten extra households to do this!!
Surely when I pay to unlock a household the system should show I have unlocked all the households on the page not just the one I've paid for?

Old 19-11-15, 06:33
Administrator

Have they somehow removed the piece and item numbers from the urls too now?