Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 15-04-21, 09:26

Default FMP subscription changes

I have had an e-mail this morning:

We’re getting in touch to let you know that we’ve updated your subscription. We’ve decided to discontinue the Britain 12 month subscription so that you can benefit from our most up-to-date membership options. Your Britain 12 month subscription has now become an access-all-areas Pro subscription.

Your new Pro membership will continue to provide everything you currently enjoy in your Britain 12 month subscription, along with;

Irish records and newspapers – the largest collection online
Extensive family records from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and beyond
New Private Messaging – connect with other Findmypast members to chat about shared ancestry
You don’t need to do anything right now to enjoy the benefits of this update. We’ll be back in touch before your next renewal to notify you of any changes to your renewal cost.

You can view your payment and subscription history in My account.

These changes allow us to carry on adding new records and clever family-finding features to the site. In 2020, we added over 250 million records and 5 million newspaper pages. We continue to be the only family history website with weekly new releases at no extra cost, so the value of your subscription is constantly growing. What’s more, new family tree features like Private Messaging and tree-to-tree hints are making rich discoveries and new connections easier than ever.

I assume this means I shall have to pay more in future.
Old 15-04-21, 09:59
Administrator

If I go onto their website and select "Subscribe", it is still offering me 3 options: Starter (£79.99), Plus (£119.99) and Pro (£159.99). I guess the Britain one was from before they changed to those but they kept it for people who were already on it.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 15-04-21, 10:12

I paid just under £102. When I come to renew that's nearly another £60 if I stick with the same subscription.
Old 15-04-21, 10:49
Administrator

I suppose next year it will depend on whether they have a sub that includes the 1921 census or if that is separate.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update