Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 03-11-15, 10:06
Administrator

When fmp say they have 98.something% transcription accuracy I presume that doesn't include all the people they haven't transcribed? (I don't mean the closed records, but all those — — — entries)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-11-15, 10:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
When fmp say they have 98.something% transcription accuracy I presume that doesn't include all the people they haven't transcribed? (I don't mean the closed records, but all those — — — entries)
Yes; like I said, I had seen the 98.5% figure bandied about a lot in replies on Facebook etc, but then when I was reading one of their guides, it said it with reference to "readable pages", and I assume that all the - - - entries, the ones with ? in, etc, don't count as "readable" and therefore aren't included in the accuracy stats.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 03-11-15, 10:19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Yes; like I said, I had seen the 98.5% figure bandied about a lot in replies on Facebook etc, but then when I was reading one of their guides, it said it with reference to "readable pages", and I assume that all the - - - entries, the ones with ? in, etc, don't count as "readable" and therefore aren't included in the accuracy stats.
Hmmm, I bet we could have read a large percentage of the 'unreadable' records. I've not seen anything to suggest a lot of these records are damaged in some way or anything similar.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-11-15, 10:50

I'm disappointed in the records, out of those I wanted I can't find, my OH's mother or my paternal grandmother.
OH's mother is not with her husband. He's with 2 of his brothers, FiL and 1 brother married, 1 brother widowed. FiL's mother is with her unmarried daughter and the DiL of the married brother with FiL !
Out of 5 records I found 2 had mistakes.
To make matters worse when I used the discount code link it didn't give me the discount so I was charged full price.
Old 03-11-15, 10:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham Lady View Post
To make matters worse when I used the discount code link it didn't give me the discount so I was charged full price.
If you email FMP support they might sort that out for you. Worth trying, anyway.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 03-11-15, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
If you email FMP support they might sort that out for you. Worth trying, anyway.
I did that last night but not heard anything back yet
Old 05-11-15, 01:38

Quote:
I did a double take at Sheila M Hines as Sheila M is mum's name, but this Sheila was a real person, b 1926 (not 1916) and died as Chaplin before 1991.
Your mother was not real?

Quote:
I did note the Holden in there!!
I noted that and felt a little bit scared for you.
Old 05-11-15, 06:49
Administrator

lol Toni!

Old 07-11-15, 22:26
Administrator

The address search result have changed to alphabetical order since I last looked earlier in the week. This led me to discover my grandparents house appears three times in the index.

The first version has one closed entry and one person who hasn't been transcribed and no name for the household (that's the one I found before and is probably upthread)

The second version has two closed records and one person not transcribed and no name for the household.

The third version has the Redshaw family with all the dobs that match my grandparents and mother and my grandfather's occupation, so now that I know the dates occ and the house match together I'm wondering if I buy the page will my grandparents magically appear?

Old 07-11-15, 22:31
Administrator

......... and will my mother be included even though she is still living?