Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 07-05-21, 14:15
Administrator

On the 1881 and 1891 census Barton was a spinner. A minder is someone who watched and minded the 'Self Acting Mule' - the name of a multi thread spinning machine.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-05-21, 17:40

i found Henrys birth his birth was registered in Lathom 1887 , i know at home well it's about 3 miles out side of ormskirk so that coukd be in .
Old 07-05-21, 19:46

Thanks Merry ....xx
Old 07-05-21, 20:49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
i found Henrys birth his birth was registered in Lathom 1887 , i know at home well it's about 3 miles out side of ormskirk so that coukd be in .
That's in post #34.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 08-05-21, 05:22

I saw a henry burrows reg ormskirk ,on the post 34 but not henry burrows registered in lathom which is a different chapelry ,which includes burscough ,newburgh. Like i said i looked through the parish clerks for ormskirk and skelmersdale,but he wasn't on those . Do you think this is our henry Burrows ? I will,try and change the family tree online as it also has henry being born in preston in 1885 , as one of elizabeth and henry children . i know i haven't put that on ,so it's incorrect
Old 08-05-21, 07:22
Administrator

Quote:
I saw a henry burrows reg ormskirk ,on the post 34 but not henry burrows registered in lathom which is a different chapelry ,which includes burscough ,newburgh.
They are all the same registration!

This one:

BURROWS, HENRY ECCLESTON
GRO Reference: 1887 M Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 824

is the GRO registration index entry from their own site. 'Ormskirk' refers to the Registration District where the birth was registered. The Volume and Page numbers record where the certificate copy is held within the GRO records. The Registration District of Ormskirk was divided into 12 Sub-Districts which includes the Sub-District of Lathom. Here's more detailed information regarding Ormskirk Distict:

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/ormskirk.html

On Lancs BMD you are looking at the index entry for the local register office not the GRO. Here's what you looked at:

Surname....Forename(s)....Mother's Maiden Name....Year....Sub-District....Registers At....Reference
BURROWS..Henry..............ECCLESTON............. .....1887...Lathom...........Preston.......LAT/25/94

So, it says Sub-District of Lathom and that the register books are now stored at Preston Register Office. The reference details record where the certificate copy is held within the local register office records.

Quote:
Like i said i looked through the parish clerks for ormskirk and skelmersdale,but he wasn't on those . Do you think this is our henry Burrows ?
I agree that there isn't a baptism showing for him on Lancs OPC.

Yes, I do think the registration records above are the right person as the mmn is correct and the date and place fit with the census records.

Quote:
I will,try and change the family tree online as it also has henry being born in preston in 1885 , as one of elizabeth and henry children . i know i haven't put that on ,so it's incorrect
I don't understand this part. The first bit sounds like you are changing someone elses tree and the second part sounds like your own tree has had incorrect info added to it by someone else.

Old 08-05-21, 08:16

thanks for the info , with regards to henry , your right as usual lol . I can't change someone's tree but i will message the person who are saying that our henry married married maria adams . as we know he didn't .But on our tree it shows henry having been born in Preston which is incorrect So i will try and alter that . Air someone sees it they will come to the wrong conclusions
Old 08-05-21, 08:34
Administrator

Quote:
thanks for the info , with regards to henry , your right as usual lol . I can't change someone's tree but i will message the person who are saying that our henry married married maria adams . as we know he didn't .But on our tree it shows henry having been born in Preston which is incorrect So i will try and alter that . Air someone sees it they will come to the wrong conclusions
When you message the other tree owner show them this:

BURROW, HENRY mmn KELLY
GRO Reference: 1885 J Quarter in PRESTON Volume 08E Page 590

as they perhaps haven't seen that reg as the surname is spelled differently.

Barton Burrow and Margaret Kelly married 8 Apr 1882 at St Mark's Preston.

Old 08-05-21, 08:40

thanks merry will do
Old 09-05-21, 05:08

I have sent the message to the owner of the tree she's replied but I can't access my messages ,i've had a problem for the past two weeks ,it keeps coming up with an error ,so will have leave it for now . and concentrate on Henrys wife . the one i found coukd be his . and like you said i may have to get the marriage certificate to prove one way or another . as we cannot see the original .