Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 21-08-12, 07:01

Default Good contact with Family Search

I have been availing myself of the Cornwall parish registers on Family Search to fill in some details of my Cornish ancestors and have been doing very nicely.

However, I came across a couple of missing pages in one of the registers for St Blazey and duly reported it to Family Search. I have had two very nice replies, this being the second:

"After further checking today, it has been verified that pages 12 and 13 of the England Cornwall Registers in St Blazey are also missing from the original microfilm. They were obviously missed in the original filming. We were sorry to find that out. We have reported it to the engineers and will see what can be done about it.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them to [email protected] . If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: England, Cornwall Parish Registers, 1538-2010 > Cornwall > Lelant > Baptisms, 1813-1866 > Image 1 of 113. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.

Thank you again for your time in bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact FamilySearch again with any further Historical Records concerns. We will be happy to assist you."

They replied to my initial query within 24 hours and this second reply came within 2 days.

If anyone comes across anything similar such as missing records it is well worth reporting it to them as they seem anxious to remedy any errors.
Old 21-08-12, 09:00
Administrator

That's good, Elizabeth.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 23-08-12, 08:09

I'm glad you had such positive feedback, Elizabeth - and prompt too!
Brewer, Broad, Eplett & Pope in Cornwall
Smoothy & Willsher/Wiltshire in Essex & Surrey
Emms, Mealing + variants, Purvey & Williams in Gloucestershire
Barnes, Dunt, Gray, Massingham, Saul/Seals/Sales in Norfolk
Matthews & Nash in Warwickshire