Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 20-03-22, 06:03

Can I ask - was Odette - Odette Marthe Marie Alcouffe - Auriol Buches de Rhone ,France ?

I wonder if this man is related ?
https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/fi...k%20alexander/

Last edited by garstonite; 20-03-22 at 07:12.
Old 24-03-22, 05:42

hi Garstonite , yes. she was francois marcellin daughter .i have been using geneanet france and a french member for bouches du rhone has found a great lot of stuff about the family whilst they were in marseille .francois had three daughters born in uganda ,i hadn't realised that .renee leona ,marthe marie and odette marthe I have got all their marriages and a couple of divorces in marseille . This premium member is going to search the marseille archives in person for me in april for more info ,which is very kind of him . They probably had children and i'm hoping to find out more next month . So using the french site was fortuitous.I had to write in french with translations but it was worth it . So for any one researching french ancestry it's a great site . thanks
Old 24-03-22, 15:21

she married aubrey hurst in [marseille france in 1935 and divorced him in 1945 . he could have been buried in india .
Old 21-08-23, 15:23

Hi to all its been sometime since ive been on the site , my husband had a accident so a lot of my time has been taken up , I was searching for aubrey arnold Hursts parents ida and arthur Hurst .Aubrey ws born in india , married in Marselles to odette marthe alcouffe in 1935 , he was a navigator at the time of his marriage . they were divorced a few years later . I had a subscription to ancestry which hs now lapsed ,so cant check on there at present . I did search for a ida and arthur and it came up with a few ida s in Leicester ,but as yet not been able to positively identify them . Arthur was a weaving expert on Aubreys birth-in India . So any help would be gratefuly received . thanks
Old 21-08-23, 16:01
Administrator

There is an Arthur D Hurst / Ida Broughton marriage in 1913 in Leicester on FreeBMD. Jul-Sep 1913 vol 7a p 509 if you want to order the certificate.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 21-08-23, 16:08

Hi Kite , i will look at that and see if i can order it thanks x
Old 21-08-23, 16:43

Assuming Kite has found the right couple, here's some more information.

There's an entry in the probate calendar on Ancestry for Arthur Donald Hurst of Great Glen, Leicestershire, who died in 1963. One of the executors was Arthur Reginald Frederick Hurst.

This will be Arthur D's death:

Deaths Dec 1963
HURST ARTHUR D / 75 / LEICESTER 3A 664

and Arthur Reginald's birth:

Births Jun 1916
Hurst Arthur R F / mmn Broughton / Leicester 7a 537

And this is probably Ida's death:

Deaths Dec 1961
HURST Ida / 76 / Leicester 3a 645

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 21-08-23 at 16:46.
Old 21-08-23, 16:53

I don't think this is the right family.

They had two children born in England, and the whole family are together on the 1921 census and 1939 register. Arthur Donald was a boot and shoe buyer.

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 21-08-23 at 18:50.
Old 21-08-23, 17:28

Hi ,yes i understand what your saying , as the ida and arthur i have found on Family search seem to have nothing to do with India and its never mentioned in the sources . for their family When aubrey arnold married odette in Marseilles it does mentions parents as ida and Arthur i also seem to remember they have another son who also marries in Marseilles . so the ida and arthur we have found may not be correct. but Ida seems tobe an unusual name and not as common as other names . But im not good at collating stuff , soi may be wrong .lol
Old 21-08-23, 17:31

Hi Mary , Yes on the family on Family search it does state that arthur is a boot and shoe buyer and not a weaving expert . ?