Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!



Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-12-22, 21:40
Phoenix's Avatar
Phoenix Phoenix is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,636
Default Is Ancestry due an update?

My common communities are suddenly showing Devon and Cornwall - for ALL the DNA I manage - including the Jewish one!!
__________________
The chestnuts cast their flambeaux
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-22, 12:16
maggie_4_7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well my common communities are:

Paternal:
Scottish Lowlands, Northern England & Northern Ireland
South West Scotland
Delaware Valley, Chesapeake & Midwest Settlers
St. Louis, Missouri & Western U.S. Settlers

Maternal:
Early Connecticut & New York Settlers
South East England
East of England
The Midlands, England

I have no idea what it really means, just that the DNAmatches on those sides live there now perhaps!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-22, 12:18
maggie_4_7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
Well my common communities are:

Paternal:
Scottish Lowlands, Northern England & Northern Ireland
South West Scotland
Delaware Valley, Chesapeake & Midwest Settlers
St. Louis, Missouri & Western U.S. Settlers

Maternal:
Early Connecticut & New York Settlers
South East England
East of England
The Midlands, England

I have no idea what it really means, just that the DNAmatches on those sides live there now perhaps!

Actually scrap the bit about living there now, I have a lot of DNA connections in North America but I have just as many in Australia and NZ if not more.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-22, 11:43
Phoenix's Avatar
Phoenix Phoenix is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,636
Default

It's some sort of glitch, pinning the same common communities - not even mine - to all the trees I manage. When I logged in this morning, I briefly had the "correct" common communities, then the screen froze, and I had rubbish.
__________________
The chestnuts cast their flambeaux
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-22, 12:18
maggie_4_7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It's some sort of glitch, pinning the same common communities - not even mine - to all the trees I manage. When I logged in this morning, I briefly had the "correct" common communities, then the screen froze, and I had rubbish.
Bearing in mind if it works correctly I still don't understand the relevance.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-22, 12:43
Phoenix's Avatar
Phoenix Phoenix is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,636
Default

With our current understanding, I think it is merely a novelty. What worries me more is what other glitches there may be that I don't know about, so make assumptions based on false data.
__________________
The chestnuts cast their flambeaux
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-22, 17:10
ElizabethHerts ElizabethHerts is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 9,299
Default

My common communities have undergone a substantial change since yesterday.

Previously I was getting communities in the USA and New Zealand, for example. Today a huge change:

Paternal: North East Scotland & the Northern Isles
Scottish Lowlands, Northern England & Northern Ireland
Yorkshire & East Midlands, England

Correct!

Maternal: Devon & Cornwall, England
Alabama Settlers
Early Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana & East Texas Settlers
Southern Appalachia Settlers

The last three are rather suspect! However, the is the first time there has been acknowledgement of my Cornish heritage and of my distant Devon heritage.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-22, 12:11
Phoenix's Avatar
Phoenix Phoenix is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,636
Default

Hoping Ancestry will sort itself out. It currently won't allow me on the by parent page, even though I can go to all matches, and then sort by parent 1 or 2.
__________________
The chestnuts cast their flambeaux
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-22, 12:21
ElizabethHerts ElizabethHerts is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 9,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hoping Ancestry will sort itself out. It currently won't allow me on the by parent page, even though I can go to all matches, and then sort by parent 1 or 2.
Same for me, Phoenix.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-22, 12:43
maggie_4_7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hoping Ancestry will sort itself out. It currently won't allow me on the by parent page, even though I can go to all matches, and then sort by parent 1 or 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
Same for me, Phoenix.
Whenever that has happened to me it's an update to my DNA matches by parent but mine is okay today.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:40.


Hosted by Photon IT

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 PL3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.