Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 15-06-13, 20:33

Some years ago I sent a transcript of a will to a lady on Genes Reunited who was a member of Radley local history society and I see their secretary has taken credit for my transcript. I also hold a marriage cert for one of the legatees, who as she had married a distant cousin had not changed her surname, and there's a note against it to say that the information should not be relied upon! Miffed, to say the least...
Old 16-06-13, 05:29

Thanks Elizabeth - I will do some. I don't think I'll do any that I've bought from the genealogist because they have very strict rules about things and I'm already nervous about the "reasonable use" given that I'm at this "hobby" every day.

Jill, that's a shame you had that experience - at least this site looks like it's a help to everyone who's involved.

Last edited by Asa; 16-06-13 at 07:45.
Old 16-06-13, 07:33

Jill, that is a cheek!

You have 3 options with this website, Jill, as I recall.
You can have your name acknowledged and be contactable, you can be totally anonymous and there is an in-between state, I can't quite remember the details.

(I wrote this last night, but I didn't press the "quick reply" box, so it was still sitting unposted this morning!)
Old 16-06-13, 21:43

Today I've had an e-mail from someone thanking me for posting the will of John Jeffcoat - it only appeared on the site yesterday!
Old 05-07-13, 06:13

I've just submitted my first will - have sent a PDF and a bit of a dodgy attempt at transcription :-)
Old 05-07-13, 06:58

Asa, I'm sure David Beames will get back to you with any suggestions and corrections. He uploads the new transcriptions once every month, and they are highlighted in yellow.

I have sent a few more, and have some more to send him.