Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 14-01-14, 15:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrysMum View Post
Okay....now it's getting scary...

Thomas FARR will names his wife Elizabeth and his sister-in-law Sally PODMORE. That would be his wife's sister??????

Wasn't Edward Clark's mother a Podmore? Or have I lost the plot here???
Now I am confused. various trees on Ancestry show Thomas Farr dying in Bristol in 1830 which would fit with the will I was reading this morning, but that was one 8 pages not two and I didn't see any Podmores in it though I could easily have missed them. Are there two Thomas Farr's with wills who died in 1830?

When Thomas named his wife Elizabeth was he saying she was dead? (trees have Elizabeth Podmore being buried a couple of years before Thomas Farr, but I have no other evidence for that)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 14-01-14, 19:12

Morning~~~~

UPDATE!!!!!

I will put the tree on TP this morning. Just have to remember how to use it...lol

The Thomas Farr will I have came to me from one of our members here who is descended from Elizabeth Naylor Ariel (Mrs Farr)
I have yet to read the entire thing as the writing is difficult to decipher.

Just got the bottom of it and it's dated 1760, written 1742, so way too early to be Henry's father.

I'm going around in circles here. Now I'm not sure where this Thomas fits in. He's a Bristol solicitor.

I also have Stephen Farr's will of 1749. ???

So...ignore my will for a while.

I do however, have Henry Farr's will of 1888, proved 1891.
Old 14-01-14, 20:34

Goodness Libby, you have a mammoth task ahead of you getting this all down on a tree on TP, but maybe when you have things will slip into place more easily.

This is an exciting thread, I have to keep checking it to see how things are progressing. Well done everyone
Old 14-01-14, 22:19

Well, Val, I have made a start. I started Agatha's Family on TP and put her name in and now family are on their way to visit.

No....not family interested in FH.......so maybe later I will get back to her.

I should let everyone add their bit to it.....but not sure how to do that or if anyone even wants to......lol
Old 14-01-14, 23:00

Don't you have a family tree program on your computer? If you do, you can just upload a gedcom to TP.
Old 14-01-14, 23:13

Mary...I do. Just not with this Giacobbi info.

I made a stupid mistake when I started. I put my tree and Lawrie's together (did our children's tree virtually) and I have no idea how to separate his from mine.....lol
Old 15-01-14, 04:25

I too found that a fatal mistake Libby.....
Old 15-01-14, 06:17

I was smart enough to keep OH and my trees separate but I did separate Mum and Dad's trees as Mum's is large. It took days to do but I'm not 100% sure what I did now.
Old 15-01-14, 06:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrysMum View Post
I put my tree and Lawrie's together (did our children's tree virtually) and I have no idea how to separate his from mine.....lol
Someone will know how to do that I'm sure. So what we are saying is, we could do with seeing a tree with Lawrie's ancestor who is in the generation one closer to him than Agatha's generation (EDIT: would that be from Lawrie's great-grandparent?) and then everyone back from there including sideways and forwards from the sideways (as long as the forward cousins are not so far forward they are still living!)

On our tree program (very old and basic) you can do it (split the database and then make a gedcom from the split part) - but make a backup first (of course you always have a recent back up!)

EDIT: you don't need to split the database - see next post

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 15-01-14, 06:22
Administrator

Ah OH says it's easier than that on ours, so he is about to tell me - I thik most tree programs work in a similar way.....

Hang on, I woke him up to ask him! lol