Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-01-22, 09:02
Administrator

Rebecca Weaver and William Eccleston are the parents of the Isaac Eccleston who was a merchant in Antigua. He is not your ancestor. We have not found a baptism for your ancestor so we don't know who his parents are.

And for what it's worth, I've already said Rebecca Weaver's parents are not Richard and Susanna as their daughter, Rebecca b 1707, died aged 13 weeks.

I looked at the marriage record for Rebecca Weaver and William Eccleston in March 1741/2 and the first witness is Julian Weaver.

There's a Quaker birth record 6 Aug 1708 for Rebekah Weaver the dau of Daniel and Julian Weaver in Poulton, Lancs, so I would imagine these two records are for the same person and Julian is the mother in both cases.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-01-22, 09:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
i've looked at the quaker birth and death and its dying that rebecca was a recorded quaker birth and her burial .
I don't understand what you are saying there, but yes, she had a Quaker burial in 1785 and yes she had a Quaker birth record (see my last post). Not the dau of Richard and Susanna though.

And, no, none of them are on your direct line.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-01-22, 10:01

yes i agree totally with your assumption about the rebekah weaver , definetly not the child of richard . i'm going on what's there on the tree i totally agree with you . we have been through all of it and i'm sure i've told the tree owner our thoughts,but i think he's just ignored the facts . but on one hand he says he's dogmatic . so i may be wasting my time even looking and do my own tree . with the correct people . I will look up the record you have found thanks
Old 09-01-22, 15:13

Dogmatic isn't a good thing in family history! Facts are much better. I gave up trying to correct other people's trees years ago, it rarely works.

OC
Old 10-01-22, 06:15

your right olde crone , there's lots of trees for different parts of my ancestors , and none of them are the same . they just put the first person they find without any research . which is silly . i don't want to follow the wrong person like anyone else .
Old 13-01-22, 08:20

when will we able to see the new census , i'm not a member of ancestry etc ? any idea ?
Old 13-01-22, 08:47

It's open now. Only on FMP - searching is free, results are pay per view. You don't have to have a sub.

OC
Old 13-01-22, 09:33
Administrator

Or you can visit (I mean physically, not online) The National Archives at Kew in Southwest London, or Manchester Central Library at St Peter’s Square in Manchester, or the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth and get free access to the 1921 census records and images there using Findmypast.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 14-01-22, 06:22

thanks