Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take Four 6xGreat-Grandparents

Old 27-02-16, 01:37

Default John Trumplett and Mary Terrell

John Trumplett (FFFFMMFF) and Mary Terrell (FFFFMMFM)

John Trumplett was baptised 29 May 1683 at St Mary, Hampstead Norreys (Norris) Berkshire the son of Richard and Joan Trumplett

Mary Terrell, possibly baptised St Giles, Reading Berkshire, 29 May 1687 to Robert and Margaret
( rather than 31 Oct 1686, to Thomas and Elleanor)

John and Mary married 28 Sep 1719 at Basildon or Besselsleigh, Berkshire.

Children:

John baptised Nov 1719
Mary baptised Nov 1720
William baptised Feb 1721
Hellen baptised Aug 1723
Richard baptised Apr 1727

John was buried at Hampstead Norris in 1727

It is possible that Mary Trumplet remarried at Hampstead Norreys in Jun 1734, to John NIchols

Last edited by marquette; 04-09-21 at 09:32.
Old 04-09-21, 08:38

After discovering a History of the Terrells, the brothers William and Richmond who settled in Virginia in the late 1600s, I set out to discover how or if Mary Terrell was related to them.
After working my way through the family Wills and other documents, dozens of websites like findmypast, familysearch, wikipedia, wikitree, geni.com and lots of others - many of them had no dates or places for LifeEvents, looking for dates and places - I have finally come to the conclusion that Mary Terrell is not the daughter of Thomas and Eleanor.

Thomas Terrell, very helpfully, named all his sons-in-law in his 1723 Will, and none of them were John Trumplett.

Then I found a baptism for another Mary Terrell, the year following this 1686 baptism, to Robert and Margaret. Robert was a brother of Thomas. Their brother Francis, who had no children, also named many relatives and kinsmen and kinswomen in his will.

After seeing how many widows re-married (especially those with young children) I am now looking for re-marriage for Mary.

Tags
tf6g60