Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 20-08-12, 15:48

I've only just got around to reading this thread and haven't got to the end of it yet so apologies if the point I'm about to make has been mentioned a bit later on.

I often want to know more about a seemingly interesting line that isn't followed up on WDYTYA but I do remember reading many series ago that the producers have to get permission from all existing family members before they can put anything into the programme. Now, whenever I'm tempted to think "why didn't they follow that line intead of this one?", I think that it maybe WAS an interesting story but someone, somewhere refused them permission to broadcast it. By the same token, I was hoping Samantha Womack would discover some living American relatives; maybe she did but they didn't want to appear.
Old 20-08-12, 16:04

New to this so hope I haven't missed anything reading back. I've just noticed that Jessie Ryder's sister, Fanny Eliza (1864 - 1933) married an Albert John Cook (b abt 1865 Plymouth).
Old 20-08-12, 16:05

Did anyone else notice a great likeness between Jessie's newspaper photograph and Samantha's grandmother Dolly? Dolly is almost a clone of Jessie. And I thought it was highly likely that the boy soldier "J.Ryan" whose photo SW was shown in Glasgow was a relative of her's (they thought he might have been Alexander's younger brother). She looks SO like him...same shape eyes, nose and mouth!
Old 20-08-12, 16:06
Administrator

Just found this marriage, now that we know that the Finkles came over to England a few times:

Frank G De Beaurepaire / Gertrude A Finkle Apr-Jun 1923 Pancras.

Then according to ancestry, there is a death in Victoria, Australia, in 1947 of Gert Anita Beaurepaire, age 47, parents Harry P Fineel and Jessie Alma Ryder.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 20-08-12, 16:08
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmolly View Post
New to this so hope I haven't missed anything reading back. I've just noticed that Jessie Ryder's sister, Fanny Eliza (1864 - 1933) married an Albert John Cook (b abt 1865 Plymouth).
That's interesting. So Jessie's third husband could be related to him? Or even be him?

Old 20-08-12, 16:08

Does anyone have info on when Jessie Ryder Garraud Finkle Cook died? Ditto her husband Harry Finkle?
Old 20-08-12, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
That's interesting. So Jessie's third husband could be related to him? Or even be him?
Looks possible and I agree with the Beaurepaire connection
Old 20-08-12, 16:16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Does anyone have info on when Jessie Ryder Garraud Finkle Cook died? Ditto her husband Harry Finkle?
I think the last sighting we have of Jessie so far is in a 1952 city directory of Paterson, New Jersey, USA, using the surname Finkle. I don't think we found Harry's death yet either, but I do know that there aren't very many New Jersey deaths online for that period.

Old 20-08-12, 16:18

Another snippet, according to voters' registration lists - in 1922 Harry Philip Finkle was sharing a house at 40 Guilford Road, Holborn with his brother-in-law Archibald Ryder and a John H Corre. Harry was at the same house in the previous year sharing with Max and Sophia Mecham Ullman, John H Corrie and Lala A T Hody.
Old 20-08-12, 16:40

So the death I found is not him, sorry folks, I thought his middle initial was S!

It does seem as if Jessie married her sister's husband.

OC