Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 02-12-16, 05:08
Administrator

It's really difficult to enjoy WDYTYA when you can't stand the people involved. I must have missed the proof Frank was actually on the Lancastria. Probably distracted by the ratty hair extensions.

It was interesting to see the French records.

Old 02-12-16, 07:05

Yes, I was also telling them that ages were rounded down on the 1841 census so not to get too hung up on him being 50 then. I took issue with her right at the beginning of the programme when she said her grandfather being a male nurse was fairly unique. Apart from the fact that , "unique" is an absolute and shouldn't be qualified, it wasn't unique. My father in law was a psychiatric nurse who trained in the 1920s and stayed in the profession until he retired. He worked in a large mental hospital and most of his colleagues were men.

I actually thought the bit about the Lancastria was very moving, especially the story of the lady who survived and how that came about. I was so afraid we were going to learn that one or both of her parents didn't make it and was so relieved that they did.

I had to smile at the flirting with the French historian. I got the impression he enjoyed it!