Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 24-07-14, 08:08

Default O`Hanlon on freebmd

Good morning ...I am always doing this - so in case there are newer members on here that do what I do ...I can`t get O`Hanlon up on freebmd because I always use the key next to the 1 key and it isn`t the apostrophe ...which key should I hit for the apostrophe ???...thanks ...you would think after 10 years I would know ...I was told once before but I can`t remember
cheers
allan
Old 24-07-14, 08:13

Allan

It's lower case @.

OC
Old 24-07-14, 08:16

thanks OC ...reliable as always ...
added...are you busy today OC ...MAN IN OUR PUB WAS ADOPTED ...he is 60 and would like to find his real mum ...he says he has the real name and his mums name ....I have just text him on my phone for info ....obviously it can only be done via PM `s...IF he gets back to me ( he seemed shy about it and a bit wary of trusting me to help ) and you are in all day , I might need some help ...thanks ...allan

Last edited by garstonite; 24-07-14 at 08:23.
Old 24-07-14, 21:45

Allan

Gosh, sorry, I have only just seen your post!

I'm sorry but I don't feel able to help with your man in the pub - adoption reunions are fraught with disaster as far as I am concerned and I really think these things are best left to the professionals, or at least a disinterested intermediary.

I am sorry if that sounds unhelpful and perhaps other people will feel more able to help you. I hope the man's quest is successful for him.

OC
Old 25-07-14, 04:35

That`s OK OC ..I totally understand ...my own sister in law was adopted and found her mother ..but her legal Grandmother wouldn`t let her see her mother - even though the mother was 40...obviously a family bully ...SIL was born when her mother was 17 ...

re the 60 yr old man
as usual , info I got was wrong anyway ...this man is 65 , so the chances of his mother being alive are not good ?...he text me back with his birth date and then says he will have to check the records to see who his mother was ...if that was my mother and I was adopted 65 years ago -her name would be implanted in my brain ...it seems like a wild goose chase ...maybe he had a few too many drinks when he told the pub owner ??...I think so ...
Old 25-07-14, 09:08

Not to worry Allan and I'm very glad you understand how I feel, I've seen it all go wrong too many times now to want to be involved.

OC