View Single Post
Old 11-07-21, 15:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Trying to eliminate marriages/burials for John Saunders and his wife Ann.

To save reading back, I believe these are their children:

George Augustus Saunders born Aug 1827 bap Sept 1827 St Philip and Jacob, Bristol, father Coal Merchant

Mary Ann Saunders bap Feb 1829 ditto, father Brewer

Elizabeth Saunders bap Dec 1830 St Augustine the Less, Bristol, father Servant

All other children with parents John and Ann Saunders/Sanders born around the same time and area have been eliminated.

When son George married in 1851 he said Sugar Refiner for his father, so plenty of different occupations, none of whch help!!

There's this marriage:

John Saunders to Ann Stevens (spinster, signed Stephens), St Thomas Bristol 18 Jun 1826. John (bachelor) is a corn factor. They both signed and the witnesses are James Jones and Elizabeth (Something)field.

Can anyone read that witness name?

There are Saunders/Stephens/Stevens births after 1837 but they belong to John Saunders and Mary Stevens who married in 1831.

I keep also looking at these burials:

Ann Saunders b abt 1798 18 Sep 1831 Dyrham, St Peter - abode Wick

John Saunders b abt 1798 7 Apr 1833 Dyrham, St Peter - abode Bristol

Obviously they may be nothing to do with each other and/or, nothing to do with me.

Wick is probably Wick and Abson which is within a mile ot two of Dyrham and also very close to a place called Doynton where dau Mary Ann married in 1850. She then lived in both Doynton and Wick and Abson.

In 1841 the two daughters were living in the house of a school teacher in Mangotsfield and the son was in the army, so not really much help.

Any ideas?!
The witness's name is Elizabeth Cranfield.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update