View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 13:20

Postcard of Edenbridge High Street from Elizabeth Bennett to her sister Mary Ann Bennett (always known as Annie) Postmark Paddington 3rd April 1906 addressed to Miss Bennett. Halstead Lodge, North Street, Carshalton. Bothe sisters were “in service”

“My dearest Sis manys thanks for P.P.C. I was so delighted with them I went home the other Sunday only for an hour or more I had a letter from home the other day and they tell me that Mabel is at home I hope you will like this card I am very busy don't get any time for writing your loving sister Liz”

Postcard from the early days of motoring. My great aunt was in service with the Pains who appear to have given her the card for her collection.
Picture postcard of York seen from the station. 03/04/1908 Postmark York, addressed to Mrs Pain, Colebrook, Park Lane, Wallington, Surrey
“Have been up here giving successful trial runs, on 35HP chassis. Did 39 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes yesterday from Doncaster or York. When are you going to Woodside. Frank”

(Done a bit of research, Frank is Franklin Pain b c1886 Barnes, Surrey and the card is to his mother Julia M Pain)

Last edited by Jill; 04-04-11 at 19:46. Reason: additional info