View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 10:23
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Margaret, Welcome to the forum, the GF forum members have been an amazing help tracing our family. I will be only too happy to reply to you in detail by gmail.
However, in the meantime, if you put Driver into the Search box in the Menu bar, you will find my post about Henrietta. If you put in Baronet, you will find the search, a few years back, for the supposed Baronet Driver.
Last year, when I knew a lot more about the family I visited the Kent RO at Maidstone and I photocopied quite a few of the Smith marriages. I will track them down and forward them to you.
I know a lot of members of the Smith Hynes family. Wally and Hazel were very good friends of my parents. Dad, L. Bryant Smith, told wonderful stories about JD at Airlie Hall. I am also good friends with your cousin, Tony and Rayleen. It's a small world.
I would be really interested if you have any factual material about Baronet Driver. I grew up too with the anecdotal stories that were passed down through the family. Kind Regards. Julie