View Single Post
Old 02-03-22, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
An 8th cousin argues an ancestor born probably c 1700 or even much earlier. Potentially over 500 ancestors in that generation. I doubt that even the Queen could name every single one of her ancestors that far back. So I don't think you could argue you are NOT related to somebody, simply because you can't find the link.
Maybe I didn’t word that question well…… I’m more wondering if there could be others out there who have that much of the same DNA but are not related.
I was reading about this research into genetics where the researchers found people who were quite close genetically but they could not find any family relationship. One was a very English lady in Devon who was very fair in colouring, tiny, sweet lady. Genetically close was an Australian Aboriginal man. Once again completely different in appearance and background.
I suppose I’m a bit annoyed at having so many of these people in my DNA matches and they have no trees……so no way of connecting us. They also do not answer messages.