View Single Post
Old 28-08-12, 18:38
Administrator

The Alexander Greeve / Catherine Taylor marriage is on Scotland's People, and the image on there may or may not give further information such as Alexander's occupation, places of residence for both and the name of Catherine's father. Also the images for the baptisms of their children may or may not give further information, such as place of residence, father's occupation, and names of witnesses.

There are these children on FamilySearch, in addition to Alexander jr and Peter:
Patrick Grive, child of Alexander Grive and Katharine Taylor, born 15 May 1795, baptised 24 May 1795 (sorry, FamilySearch is being silly now and not showing me the church name, I think it was Paisley Abbey)
Robert Grieve, child of Alexander Grieve and Catharin Taylor, born 22 Jan 1797, baptised 29 Jan 1797 High Church, Paisley

So if they followed traditional Scottish naming patterns, Alexander's father could be named Patrick and Catherine's could be named Robert. But Patrick was sometimes a variant of Peter, so maybe they viewed them as the same name, and maybe Patrick died and Peter was named after the same person? In which case Alexander could be the one born 1773 Port Glasgow, son of Peter Greive and Sarah Boyd. If I were you, Jood, I would view the images on SP for Alexander and Catherine's marriage and their children's baptisms next to see if there is any extra info on them.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update