View Single Post
Old 06-08-14, 12:47

Sorry, I have not looked at the forum today - no I don't have any photos of Victor, myself. My uncle ended up with all the family stuff when my grandmother died (Victor's cousin), so we have no family photos from that side. My dad knew Yule, I remember him saying so, and if I ask he might remember Victor too. (Dad is 86 but his memory is good). I will ask around the family. I do have one of their grandmother, Mary Ann Dawson, in her very old age, with the Page cousins, but none of the Watsons, I believe.

It does sound like "our" Victor, and yes he did enlist again for WW2 - his wife was Rose, so its the same person. Men often "adjusted" their age so they could enlist for WW2 - you could not get away with that these days. I know that Victor had two children, Arthur Samuel and Alice Evelyn, but both died in the 1990s and I presume there are grandchildren, but I will have to look into it.

You might be interested in this article about Victor and Yule and their poor brother Arthur, and the shooting accident in 1901

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/arti...|||l-title=492

Thanks

Diane