View Single Post
Old 12-06-11, 00:50
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Kate. I don't think the death cert will tell me anything, from the index it gives her age, but not parents names.
There are two marriage records with Volume Nos. and so are on microfilm at the library, but somehow I think she would have put the age that suited her. I read some chat on Rootsweb and it basically was only giving the general info on her shipping. It also said that the Assizes records were patchy, but I seem to recall finding something which gave her age as 17 I did find the from rasalrelatives5 - about another young woman who was Mary's partner in one robbery which gives Rebecca's age but not Mary's. I think the only thing that might sort it if I could find another Mary Callow or Carlow baptism record in Noroflk and that doesn't seem likely. The following is part of what was posted:
"Rebecca Furness was 18 years old when she was tried in the Norwich City Assizes, Norfolk on the 30th July 1822. She was indicted for breaking into ............... Rebecca was also indicted with Mary Callow, for stealing from the lodging of Robert Murrell, Cotton; Gowns; Tabelcloths; and other articles of his property. She was found Guilty again."

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 12-06-11 at 00:56.