Thread: El salvador
View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaregister View Post
But between me and a professional genealogist, who would do a much more accurate, reliable, concise, politically correct, ect... job assuming i wanted to know who were my relatives like 5 or 6 centuries ago? Ive never made a family tree for someone else let alone much less my own! It seems like a daunting task! What should i do in my case specifically??
If you are researching ancestors from El Salvador you would need a genealogist with access to that country's records, so probably someone based in the country.

A couple of points, if you have no family tree at all right now, I'd concentrate on finding your most recent ancestors with accuracy and research their lives. It's ambitious to aim at 1524 when you haven't even started! It would also depend on what records exist for that time period in the countries where your ancestors lived and also on their status. There will be more available records for high-status people.

I'm not quite sure why you want a "politically correct" tree. People were what they were and you can't change history. Most of us have ancestors who have done things we might disapprove of but we have to accept this. Values were different in the past and we can't attribute our own values to our ancestors.

I'm not sure of your motive for wanting to draw up a family tree. It might be a lot more fun to do as much research as possible yourself, but I doubt anyone on this small forum has any experience of El Salvador research. Hiring a professional could be very expensive. I appreciate you have no experience but there are lots of forums that could offer you help and expertise. Most of us are experienced in British research and also can help with ancestors from Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada etc.

You might find it useful to read this:
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en...ador_Genealogy

I hope these pointers help. You can always ask specific questions on here about your ancestors and we will do what we can to help.