View Single Post
Old 09-02-13, 09:55
Administrator

I shall read all the rest of your posts with interest!

I saw that Edward's brother lived at The Crescent in Boscombe in 1891. At that time this was quite a fashionable area in Bournemouth (well, Boscombe, which was considered a separate place at the time), but if you read anything about it now, information is all about illegal drugs and the crime that goes with drug use. This area of Boscombe was supposed to have been cleaned up and improved about 15/20 years ago and it probably is a bit better now, but still not great. So, be aware none of that was the case when your relative lived there! The properties in The Crescent generally haven't changed since the 1890s, but I'm not sure what has happened to number 2 as number 4 (The Crescent Surgery) seems to be the first building in the street! I don't know if all the buildings are even numbers or if there were ever properties on the other side of the street (doubtful). Maybe I'll have to take a look next time I go shopping there (it's only a two minute walk from the shops!)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010