View Single Post
Old 29-04-19, 07:13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Hi , found the birth of mary burrows in 1872 .in Ormskirk . It is possible that she married William hale who was born in aughton .
Possibly (assuming you mean 1782!), but the marriage in 1802 is a long time after the birth of your William, so I doubt they are the right couple for you. You need to be looking at those Catholic records for your William's baptism before you start guessing at the next generation.

Quote:
Sorry that should have been Mary Hale who is 77 , who is a Roman Catholic . Could this be Williams mother as you said ?
She could be, but you need to find William's baptism to know his parents names and if you find his baptism, also record any siblings in order to establish the most likely marriage for his parents (I would suggest you make a list of all the Hale records you come across at St Anne's and make a note of what dates you covered).

If Mary who died in 1840 does turn out to be your William's mother, she isn't likely to be Mary Burrows born 1782 as her age at death would suggest a birth in the 1760s.

For the time being I would put the Hale to Burrows marriage on the back burner and see what info you can pick up in the Catholic registers. If it turns out William's baptism isn't there you will have to think again, but you need to
work your way through those records first.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010