View Single Post
Old 21-07-21, 07:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaregister View Post
Lets say the royal family could only trace their roots to the year 43 a.d., then how could they know what happened earlier??
Every single family tree has a brick wall at the end of every line - it doesn't matter who you are. Not all lines will go back the same distance. I wouldn't be conviced by any tree that showed ancestors back to 43AD, royal or otherwise! Certainly the family tree of Queen Elizabeth II doesn't go back as far as 43AD (but I don't know which royal family you are referring to).

With advances in DNA testing some people have been able to fill in the odd blank on their tree which would have been impossible in the past, or prove they have the right line on their tree, but the donkey work of traditional family history still has to be in place before DNA testing can help much.

Have you started your tree? How far back have you got? Even if you intend to use a professional they will still want to know everything you can tell them about your family history and should then check this information for accuracy before attempting to go further back.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010