View Single Post
Old 26-07-21, 22:52

Thanks Janet,

Be careful indeed - I am taking it all with a grain of salt, but how cool would it be. Maybe some of it will explain the vast pool of US cousins who (where they trees attached to their DNA) have ancestors born in the US back to the 1700s.

I have seen those trees where they can go back to Adam and Eve, laughed, and never thought I would get anywhere back beyond the 1600s.

Wikipedia says that Edward's son-in-law Gilbert de Clare was known as Red Gilbert for his red hair - maybe that's where I get mine from! I am sure I never liked the greedy Hugh Despenser so I am not at all sure I want him for an ancestor.

However, the research will be fun, especially as we move away from the royal lines. Between watching the Olympics and researching this, I am sure I don't care if lockdown lasts another month.

We've been very lucky with our Covid but this is just a localised outbreak in an area of Sydney - the govt is worried because so many are migrants and apparently don't speak or understand enough English to get the message - stay home, get vaccinated, stay home.