View Single Post
Old 29-05-22, 08:38
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
i did find a baptism of a whilliam Hale in March 1765 to a samuel and Jane Hale . We do not know if william senior was a catholic . could this be his birth ? as the age is about right for Our Mary ?
I saw that one too. Yet another reason you should try and establish whether Samuel Hale born about 1791 is a child of your Wm and Mary as he would be named for his grandfather if this is the correct baptism for your William. However, until you have looked at all those Catholic records you don't know what else is out there.

Back in 2019 you said:

Quote:
But I did manage to find a marriage , between a Mary Wilson and and William Hale on the 1/Aug /1784 . At st Michaels in Aughton
but you neglected to say this William's occupation was recorded at the marriage. He was a staymaker. Unfortunately it's very unlikely the catholic records will give you an occupation in their records, but you should be aware of this in any case and that he might also be recorded as a tailor as many staymakers were.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010