View Single Post
Old 28-05-22, 08:15
Administrator

So, that's taken me well over an hour. Now on to your questions......

Quote:
Hi , do you think that william and mary are my ancestors of william hale
Yes, I think the 1794 Catholic baptism is your William and I think the 1840 death/burial is your William's mother.

Quote:
the only thing that's bothering me now is william and mary's ages . she is a lot older than him . would it matter . ?
Please can you tell me what the age difference is, because I have not found anything about Mary's husband's age in this thread, so I'm wondering if it's on a different thread, but don't have the energy to look.

Quote:
And with regards to finding her birth if she is the right mother of william throws up the R.C records again ,if she was baptised at st anne's R.C the record won't be there to see they will be again held by the lancs archives
To find Mary's baptism you need to know her maiden surname. You can't say the marriage in 1784 of Mary Wilson and Wm Hale is the right marriage because you have not researched the St Anne's Catholic registers to see when your couple began having children and when their last child was born. Really you either have to do this research yourself or pay someone else to do it. It's now just over four years since you said you would go to the record office yourself (post #37) and we have barely moved forward (or backward!) since then.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010