View Single Post
Old 02-11-14, 07:33
tenterfieldjulie

I've just been looking at Greentree online information and some research has been done to say that, although on his marriage William George Greentree said his parents were Thomas Greentree and Catherine Cohen, they were in fact his grandparents. That his mother was in fact Mary Ann Greentree, their oldest daughter, who gave birth to a George Greentree in 1878 at Tamworth and that he later acquired the name William. It said that he was brought up by Thomas and Catherine and who had a son Richard in 1879 so the two boys were brought up as brothers.. The William I thought was WG, was reg 1871 at Windsor and they said he was William Edward. The funny thing was that some years back I was talking to someone in Tamworth about why the Greentree book called They Stood Tall was never published and they said that 2 ladies objected to some information that came out in the proof of this book. I am now wondering if this is the information they object to, or whether it was something else. How do I go about trying to unravel this information? Is it possible. I have to been unable to see conclusively whether Mary Ann Greentree married or died after WG was born. Catherine Cohen is sometimes called Katherine and sometimes Kathleen. Any suggestions appreciated. Julie