View Single Post
Old 29-06-21, 15:34
Administrator

As for "Global Ancestry", all I can find by Googling is that it is another report that you can get from Genomelink. Is that right?

My advice is not to pay any money to any DNA testing companies apart from the following: Ancestry, 23 And Me, MyHeritage, FamilyTreeDNA, Living DNA. And you shouldn't need to pay for a DNA test from any of those apart from Ancestry and 23 And Me, since you can usually download your "raw DNA data" from either of those two and upload it to the other three. You may need to pay a relatively small amount to access extra levels of information such as chromosome browsers etc once you have done that. (Or if you are getting an extra test such as Y-DNA.) Neither Ancestry nor 23 and Me will let you upload raw DNA data from another site to theirs.

Also, GEDMatch is a legitimate site but make sure to read their terms and conditions carefully.

As the article linked to in post #7 above says, there are more and more scam DNA testing companies starting up. One that I know of is CRI Genetics. Do not pay them any money! If you see positive reviews of a DNA testing company, they could be fake reviews originating from the company itself, unless you know that the review site itself is trustworthy.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update