View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Well I just spent an hour disproving a ThruLines suggestion and also a DNA matches private tree only to discover when I went to write notes on my offline tree that I have already disproved this suggestion years ago.

I still can't work out how a different match that also seems to link in to what I disproved is related.
I looked at a suggested DNA match to my daughter - man of same name and place of birth as her 4xg grandfather, ten years difference in age. But the match did not appear in her maternal grandfathers DNA matches, so it could not be the same man. The DNA match is with her father's sisters DNA matches, so a completely different family from around the same area of Sussex. Not enough info to figure out the actual common ancestor. There must be one, not just the suggested one.

If you look at the Thrulines, it tells you whose tree the information is taken from - on one match, my tree shows for my daughter's line, but there are at least 3 other trees linking to the supposed DNA match. I guess that means checking each of the trees which provide one or two generations and make sure they do fit together.

There appears to be no way to tell Ancestry that their ThruLines suggestion are wrong, which will be a bit annoying as we check off their suggestions.