Thread: Charles Harwood
View Single Post
Old 02-08-20, 13:05

Hi Jill

That's a very sad story, for Charles and his children. As I re-read this, I was struck by the name Puttick.

In my Dad's Ancestry DNA matches, there is one which suggests that they have a common ancestors in John Dubbin who married Anne Puttick in 1790, through a daughter who might have been Jane who might have married a William Martin and her son might be our mysterious William Martin.

I think its not correct, as Jane Dubbin married William Martin in 1819, really too late for our William to be married by 1839. Tiffany has a definite link to Dad, but her tree is very small and the common ancestor is worked out through several other trees.

As William Martin was supposedly born 1810-1815, its lot earlier than your Mary Ann Puttick, but I wondered if you might know anything about earlier Putticks?

I have never been able to be definitive about when or where William Martin might have been born or baptised and we have no other DNA matches for the Martin family. There were several William Martin baptised in Sussex in the time 1800-1815, but none leaps out at me as being the right one, even after years of researching them all.

Di