View Single Post
Old 18-09-15, 13:51
maggie_4_7

It is the only one of this series I have seen so far although the others are recorded.

I thought her very bad when she wished horrible deaths for people, not sure who she meant, the people sentencing him or his father in law or both. Terrible thing to say.

She failed to recognise that was the law then, people got transported for far less in those days. They were doing their jobs.

Also David Husband was looking out for his daughter and her children, they needed him, because they sure couldn't rely on John Reid to look after them. Imagine that David Husband had been put in debtors prison over something John Reid had done. The family would have perished no doubt.

Thomas naming his son with the middle names of David Husband was a tribute to his grandfather for looking after them.

Of course John Reid didn't come back to Britain even though it seemed he could have given his lifestyle/occupation. Had he wanted to he would have found the money after all he was an 'entrepreneurial' type person

I think she was very insulting to both ancestors John Reid's wife and her father David.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 18-09-15 at 13:53.