View Single Post
Old 19-05-21, 11:36

Two years on, we have 8 confirmed DNA matches for the family of Thomas and Lucy Berwick, Dad's 5 ggps. Ancestry has suggested ThruLines to this Common Ancestor couple - backed up by several family trees.

Five of the matches are descendants of Thomas and Lucy's four other children (other than Thomas, who's grand daughters are the three Elizabeths). These descendants are sixth cousins to Dad and not really enough DNA match for determining which Elizabeth is which.

However, the other two matches are descendants of the sister of one Elizabeth - and the DNA amounts are as small as the rest, leading me to believe that Dad is not a descendant of that Elizabeth.

So I think that my ancestor Elizabeth is the daughter of Robert Berwick, the Elizabeth and the sister (Harriet) with DNA matches with Common Ancestors are the daughters of Richard Berwick and the third Elizabeth is, the daughter of William Berwick (and had no descendants).

So my Elizabeth Berwick's parents may well be Robert Berwick (1770-1853) and Elizabeth Taylor (1771-1835).

Elizabeth was baptised on 4 Mar 1810 at St Denys Rotherfield and born on 19 Dec 1809.