Thread: Patrick Ryan
View Single Post
Old 18-11-09, 13:57
Administrator

Starting with Grace, because her name seems to be the least common (apart from Judith!) Family Search lists a birth for Grace Ryan, parents Patrick and Bridget, 11 Jun 1864, Kilpatrick District, Tipperary, Ireland. It's an extracted record giving reference number 0531, so it must be taken from the Irish civil registration births. The FamilySearch entry gives details of the microfilm, so you could order it in to your nearest LDS Family History Centre to see what details it gives, e.g. mother's maiden name (fingers crossed!), or you could order a copy of the birth certificate from the Irish GRO. I think I've found the corresponding entry on the FamilySearch RecordSearch site, but it gives the district name as Cashel. Volume number is 8 and page number is 531 which is why I think it is the matching one. (I found a Rootsweb posting which says that the civil parish of Kilpatrick was in the Poor Law Union of Cashel.)

Or have you been down that road before?

The other idea I was thinking of is if you could get a death cert for Bridget, or for any of Patrick and Bridget's children, would an Australian death cert tell you the mother's maiden name (if the informant knew it)?

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry