View Single Post
Old 10-03-13, 23:57

Default Richard Bellinger & Richard Bellinger

Hi I am currently also looking at Richard Bellingers and wondered if you had please come across any more on them?

I am looking at the other Richard Bellinger who married Hannah Wilkins in 1837 at St Dunstan Stepney. However to try and unravel who was who I have been looking at your Richard too.

As has already been noted there are two baptisms for a Richard Bellinger or variant, one in 1804 at Shoreditch and another in 1817 at Bethnal Green for a child who was born in 1803. It would seem that given the age of 14 this baptism was perhaps for the purposes of an apprenticeship.

The parents on both baptisms are listed as Richard and Hannah, but from the dates they would not appear possible to be the same couple.

These are other children I have found born to a Richard and Hannah Bellinger and variants:

Martha Bellanger born 1792 bapt 1794 Whitechapel
Richard Thomas Ballenger born and bapt 1797 in Finsbury

Are these the children of one or other of the couples?! All a bit of a mystery and I can't find a marriage for one Richard and Hannah, let alone two. If you have made any progress please do let me know.

I would also be grateful if you could please tell me the age given on your Richard bellinger's 1845 death certificate?

With thanks and kind regards,
Jon