Thread: Abigail Bangay
View Single Post
Old 04-05-12, 16:46
Administrator

Sounds like a lot of generations! I haven't got my Bangays back that far yet, needless to say. In fact, I haven't got back any further than Abigail's father Richard. He and Hannah got married at St Edmund's in Norwich on Christmas Day 1776, and he was a widower. I've got an approximate year of birth of 1730 for him but I think that is just going by what everyone has on their ancestry trees! If those are right, then his father is Robert born 1700 in Norwich, Robert's father is Thomas born 1657 Letheringsett, but they have Thomas's wife down as Elizabeth Cobb. Then a couple of the trees have Thomas's parents as Thomas and Grace but they show them as born 1650, so something's wrong somewhere!

Richard "made his mark" on the marriage to Hannah but it is a circle rather than a cross, so I shall see if I can find the marriage to Elizabeth Breeze 14 Sep 1755 Norwich which those ancestry trees show as his first marriage, and see if he made a circle mark on that as well. I don't think any of them say what church, though, so it might take a while...

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry