View Single Post
Old 01-07-11, 11:06
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks for thinking of this idea Kate, it made me closely look at my grandmother's information. I looked at the Bryant family history book compiled probably 25 years ago and saw where Nan and Pop were supposedly married in Perth. I thought that's not right - I got out a copy of their marriage certificate and there it was she had married in Coolgardie WA. Then the family book had marriage in 1900, according to the certificate 1902. Then I looked further at the book and it had she was born in Drake NSW and I thought no she didn't she was born in Ballarat Vic... so now it makes you wonder about the rest of the family book.. The best conundrum though relates to the certificate itself - it is double sided on the front it has 17 December 1902, but turn over the back where they signed and it is dated in two places 16th December -this is the original written in ink not typed .. Fortunately I do know the day of the month, it is the 17th - how do I know that, because fortunately my parents where married on the same day and month as his parents 17th December. Cheers Julie