Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Family History General Discussion (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who Do You Think You Are - William Roache 26th Sep (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15349)

Olde Crone 05-10-12 08:08

I expect they did tell him and that's why it didn't appear on the prog!

LOL Merry!

OC

Margaret in Burton 05-10-12 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olde Crone (Post 205855)
I expect they did tell him and that's why it didn't appear on the prog!

LOL Merry!

OC

Pity, I'd have liked to see his reaction. pmsl

Shona 05-10-12 10:55

I watched John Bishop on the Jonathan Ross show a few weeks back and he said he thoroughly enjoyed doing WDYTYA. He explained that they give you a huge box full of all the information they discovered in the research. He hadn't been given his box of goodies yet. Perhaps WR does know about all about this darker side of his family after all. I would have thought that his publicist/agent would trawl the internet to keep on top of what is being said about their client.

Shona 05-10-12 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olde Crone (Post 205801)
OOOH!

I belong to a small site dedicated to Darwen research and two members on there were commissioned by WDYTYA to investigate the Waddicor family - they were not told who the "subject" of the programme was going to be, but as they are skilled researchers, they soon worked that out, lol.

What was NOT mentioned on the programme, for obvious reasons I suppose, is that a Medical Electrician was actually an abortionist. There were a number of "mishaps" but James managed to escape prosecution by saying that the women were hysterical and deluded.

OC

Tell us more about the 'mishaps', please.

Olde Crone 05-10-12 11:24

Hmm, the researcher who made these remarks has gone all quiet now and I wonder if she is regretting being a bit indiscreet!

As far as I have been able to find, there was one complaint against him reported in the local press (Darwen) and it was repudiated as being the imagination of a hysterical woman. So, unproven really and that's probably why they chose not to mention it on the prog.

It does appear though, elsewhere on the internet, that medical electrician was a euphemism for an abortionist, or that medical electricians also performed abortions as well as whatever it was they genuinely did with the medical electricity. I'm not clear whether there was any relationship between the electrical equipment and the abortions.

OC

Merry 05-10-12 12:14

I wouldn't have thought he would have been dealing out illegal abortions in a six foot deep booth on the seafront in front of thousands of people, would he?! Perhaps the lady who accused him had lost a baby after having electrical treatment? I'm sure there were people offering this treatment to cause abortion though.

Ann from Sussex 05-10-12 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merry (Post 205902)
I wouldn't have thought he would have been dealing out illegal abortions in a six foot deep booth on the seafront in front of thousands of people, would he?! Perhaps the lady who accused him had lost a baby after having electrical treatment? I'm sure there were people offering this treatment to cause abortion though.

Lol Merry; the mind boggles!

Merry 05-10-12 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann from Sussex (Post 205942)
Lol Merry; the mind boggles!

Deep front to back, not a grave!

Olde Crone 05-10-12 20:19

Lol, probably not on the seafront, but maybe they had other premises? But I agree, perhaps the woman lost a baby after having "medical electricity".

I do wish the researcher would come back to the other site, I'm bursting to know what she knows!

OC

maggie_4_7 05-10-12 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merry (Post 205902)

No really, can you imagine it - roll up roll up...