Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 06-09-14, 17:27

thanks for that info
i wondered if there was a possible link as the surnames were used as middle names
as in ebenezer dixon lamb (william /Lucy) i wonder where the dyer and evans comes from
note that your william married for a second time in greenwich will have to look on ancestry
thanks
regards lynden
Old 06-09-14, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndenh55 View Post
thanks for that info
i wondered if there was a possible link as the surnames were used as middle names
as in ebenezer dixon lamb (william /Lucy) i wonder where the dyer and evans comes from
note that your william married for a second time in greenwich will have to look on ancestry
thanks
regards lynden
Ah! I see now why you were excited - I would have been so too.

We really aren't sure why they married in Greenwich. The Lambs of Huntingdon seem to have searched for their brides way outside the Huntingdon area, although Mary Mallatratt was from Huntingdonshire. So, why they married at Greenwich is beyond me. Perhaps he or she was working there? Mary's sister Phebe was a witness. But no connection with Greenwich in the naval sense for either family. They moved back to Huntingdon - all the children were baptised there.

Last edited by ElizabethHerts; 06-09-14 at 19:09.
Old 08-09-14, 20:18

thanks for info its william lamb that was married to lucy dixon that i'm stuck on i have all the baptisms and the 1802 marriage details also i found the record of burial in 1835 at greenwich its interesting that your william lamb also had a surname as a middle name
i also found a dyer lamb as you suggested i will perhaps ask to start thread
thanks again
lynden

Tags
to3g1