Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 07-05-22, 07:19

Richard Robinson from tree Robinson Family Tree
Record information.
Birth 1787
Marriage xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxLancashire, England
Residence xxxxxxxxxxxLancashire, England
Death xxxx
Record information.
Spouse Nancy Guy (1788-xxxx)
165 People5 Records5 Sources
Old 07-05-22, 07:31
Administrator

Ok, I meant copy and paste the link (the bit that starts https://www.ancestry etc), but never mind, I've found that tree now.

It just shows the marriage of John Robinson and Nancy Guy and two of their children (John 1814 and Hannah 1817). No baptism or parents for John senr or Nancy. It has 1853 for the death of Nancy and 'before 1841' for the death of John. That's about it.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-05-22, 07:48

thanks for looking it was a long shot , will carry on researching to see if i can find out more .
Old 09-05-22, 09:36

hi , merry, i was still searching for a nancy in bolton and there is a nancy walwork baptism 1787 daughter daughter of john and betty , don't know if it helps any. has i was searching for any guys in bolton around the 1780s to look perhaps for siblings of nancy guy and i couldn't find any around Bolton there are lots in liverpool and around Halsall which is about 1 mile from ormskirk . . There are lots of flitcrofts in bolton . , trying to do a bit of deduction. lol
Old 09-05-22, 11:38
Administrator

Yes, there is a bap for Nancy Walwork, but there are at least a dozen other Nancys within a couple of years baptised at Bolton, so you would need a reason to pick her over the others. Also, your Nancy may have started life as Ann or some other variation - Anne, Annie, Hannah, Nan etc, or Nancy Walwork may have been Ann when she married and/or died.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-05-22, 12:43

your right merry there are the others some at deane parish bolton , yes it's like ookingbfor a needle in a haystack lol , i keep looking for anything which could give us a clue but as yet nothing .
Old 10-05-22, 05:42

hi merry , did all of thomas and hannah stricklands children die , as i'm sure they had about four children , post 59 they are living in Preston with son richard robinson ? I have been trying to find the family in 1861 , but family search isn't great at finding anything particular census's it's so frustrating .
i also was trying to find john who he married . there is a couple of marriages in ormskirk which could be him . but he could have got married anywhere .and not ormskirk . again i tried to find him on a census but family search didn't come up with anything . I have found ellen and mary ann s marriages in ormskirk and can follow them to 1900 s.
Old 10-05-22, 05:52

only by chance i came across this record , of henry strickland born to hannah and thomas in 1844 in ormskirk . marrying a margeret pickering in 1873 , father thomas deceased , in Blackburn i believe he settled in Blackburn .
Old 10-05-22, 05:59

First name(s)
Last name
Relationship
Marital status
Birth year
Occupation
Birth place
Henry
Strickland
Head
Married
Male
Joiner & Cabinet Maker
Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Margaret
Strickland
Wife
Married
Female
-
Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Mary Ellen
Strickland
Daughter
Single
Female
Scholar
Arthur
Strickland
Son
Single
Male
-
Sarah
Strickland
Daughter
Single
Female
-
Alice Ann
Strickland
Daughter
Single
Female
-
Sarah
Pickering
Sister In Law
Single
Female
Cotton Weaver
Old 10-05-22, 08:41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
hi merry , did all of thomas and hannah stricklands children die , as i'm sure they had about four children , post 59 they are living in Preston with son richard robinson ?
Do you mean died as children? In 1851 they had Anne 8 Mary 6 Thomas 3 and Ellen 6 weeks with them on the census. Those children were all born in Lathom except Ellen, b Preston.

Quote:
I have been trying to find the family in 1861 , but family search isn't great at finding anything particular census's it's so frustrating .
1861:

14 Howarth Sq Blackburn

Hannah Strickland head widow 40 green grocer b Ormskirk
Ann Strickland dau unm 18 weaver of cotton b St Helens
Henry Strickland son 16 joiners apprentice b "
Thomas Strickland son 12 with a tin plate worker b "
Ellen Strickland dau 11 b "
James Strickland son 7 b Preston

Quote:
i also was trying to find john who he married . there is a couple of marriages in ormskirk which could be him . but he could have got married anywhere .and not ormskirk . again i tried to find him on a census but family search didn't come up with anything . I have found ellen and mary ann s marriages in ormskirk and can follow them to 1900 s.
John who and when and where was he born and who was his father?

If this John is someone marrying after 1837 you could try Lancs OPC and add their father's name to the search as well as the groom which might give you fewer results.