Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 07-10-17, 03:05

Default Lemmy

aka Ian Fraser Kilmister

Meet my almost certainly, possibly, maybe, they got a bit wrong, new famous relative. Well famous to the internet, I've not heard of him.

Lemmy

Interestingly, they have 'proof' of his heritage but nothing about the bit they got wrong. I don't have a marriage for his mother but most of the rest is correct, just not Julia's parentage.

Last edited by Kit; 07-10-17 at 03:46.
Old 07-10-17, 08:25
Administrator

At last, someone famous mentioned on here who I have heard of!

Quote:
I don't have a marriage for his mother but most of the rest is correct, just not Julia's parentage.
I wasn't sure what you meant as his mother's marriages are easy to find, so wondered if you meant Julia's parents marriage? Is this it? (Not that I can find Julia with this couple in 1861 or 1871, but in all other ways they seem to fit! lol).

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...hlights=%22%22

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-10-17, 09:56

I'm so glad you have heard of him. Dad, OH and I haven't although OH knows his band.
There is rather a big following online. He never married and his death certificate, which can be partially found online is not entirely correct either.

I meant I didn't have a marriage on my own tree for his mother. I had stopped at her generation coming forwards.

I can't find Julia in 1861 or 1871 either. I'm glad it isn't just me. Part of the problem is she may be using the surname of Walmsley or Hawkins and Walmsley has a lot of spelling errors. I was trying this afternoon but needed to go to the shops. Kids are so needy, wanting 3 meals every day. :P

I do have Julia's parents marriage, which you found as well. Funnily enough the article and another tree I have found since have totally different parents for her. They clearly haven't looked at the actual records.
Old 07-10-17, 09:58

OH went to see Lemmy when he was in Hawkwind and then in Motorhead.We've got his autobiography somewhere.
Old 11-10-17, 05:03
maggie_4_7

One of my favourite bands saw them live many a time

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E3DD&FORM=VIRE