Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 21-06-22, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBee View Post
These days I go for the PDF as it usually has all the info I need.
The info is the same regardless. It's just whether you/I want the 'pretty' certificate or not.

I think I'll do the PDFs as I can't get the original writing from the local office now.
Old 21-06-22, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
I am but to order online it redirects me to the council website and that requires me to put in the address of birth/hospital. I can fill in everything else, required or not. That is for Newcastle orders. I did try to leave it out but it gave me an error.

Stoke on Trent is refusing FH orders as they have too big a backlog. Most of my things would go through Newcastle though.
Old 21-06-22, 13:47

This is my grandmother

I clicked on the ref number and got this page

http://www.ukbmdcertificateordering....%7CNL%7C&lang=

Then clicked on the ref number again and got this

http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/p...year=1880&mmn=

Are those the sort of pages you get?

I can’t seem to fill it in online though. Nothing happens when I click in any of the boxes

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 21-06-22 at 13:50.
Old 21-06-22, 13:58

On the first link there is a small box to order online, next to the reference number. I clicked on that. Then a little box at the bottom right highlights and says start order process now.

The form to complete and mail in looks like what I have done before but I honestly don't remember posting it in. I must have done.

I'm going to check with Dad tomorrow and see if he has Grandma's certificate. I can't think why he would. I also think I have Granddad's but it is too big to fit into my normal folder. Can't think why I didn't take a photo though.
Old 21-06-22, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
On the first link there is a small box to order online, next to the reference number. I clicked on that. Then a little box at the bottom right highlights and says start order process now.

The form to complete and mail in looks like what I have done before but I honestly don't remember posting it in. I must have done.

I'm going to check with Dad tomorrow and see if he has Grandma's certificate. I can't think why he would. I also think I have Granddad's but it is too big to fit into my normal folder. Can't think why I didn't take a photo though.
I don’t get the option of online ordering. It’s greyed out
Old 21-06-22, 19:49

If you get a pdf, it would be worth printing it out and writing the date you ordered or received it and either filing it as a paper copy, or re-scanning it.

I find it really useful to look at my old certificates and see when I ordered them. Because I now buy pdfs, I take far less care of them, and often lose them. (Okay, I know everyone else is better orgnised than I am!)
Old 21-06-22, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
I don’t get the option of online ordering. It’s greyed out
That's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
If you get a pdf, it would be worth printing it out and writing the date you ordered or received it and either filing it as a paper copy, or re-scanning it.

I find it really useful to look at my old certificates and see when I ordered them. Because I now buy pdfs, I take far less care of them, and often lose them. (Okay, I know everyone else is better orgnised than I am!)
I'm not better organised than you. I haven't ordered grandma's cert because I have a horrible feeling I should have it.