Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 21-09-17, 15:48
Administrator

Default London Parish Registers - ancestry

I don't know exactly what's been added, but I've found my grandfather's baptism! I didn't even know he'd been baptised!
But strangely, there is no image of that record, just a transcription.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 21-09-17, 20:13

The burials now go up to 2003 although I haven't found any and the marriages go up to 1930 (previously 1921).

I've found one marriage in 1927 - a transcription as per your baptism Kite but I'm a little confused! The transcription is for Holy Trinity, Bermondsey but the GRO registration district is Stepney .....
Old 22-09-17, 14:59

The image of my grandparents' marriage in 1920 is no longer showing and the record now says text only. Manually browsing the registers for that church, the last one is now 1903. I'm hoping that just means they are adding the extra years into the most recent image set. Time will tell!
Old 22-09-17, 19:09

Interestingly three of my great Aunts & Uncles marriages in the 1920s are now on there, but only two have images even though they are all at the same church East Dulwich St John the Evangelist. The two with images are indexed as Camberwell St John the Evangelist, but the images do say East Dulwich, the one without an image from 1923 is indexed as East Dulwich. Browsing the images they are only showing the register for 1925-30 and no earlier ones. I hope that means they will upload the others subsequently.

Edit - The 1917 and 1919 marriages for All Hallows East India Docks (indexed as Poplar All Hallows) for another two Great Aunts have now been removed. They were there previously as I have saved copies.

Last edited by NickiP; 22-09-17 at 19:16.
Old 22-09-17, 19:57
Joy Dean

Thank you.
Just looked to see if it had my mother's baptism but couldn't see it, but one thing led to another and there is my Mum's probate record; seemed strange seeing that.
Old 24-09-17, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The image of my grandparents' marriage in 1920 is no longer showing and the record now says text only. Manually browsing the registers for that church, the last one is now 1903. I'm hoping that just means they are adding the extra years into the most recent image set. Time will tell!
My grandparents marriage in 1914 is also now a text only record - it was definitely there before! I think a query to Ancestry maybe needed...
Old 24-09-17, 13:53

I messaged Ancestry on FB re the removal of some images and the non existence on the new records. They asked for examples - duly sent - and they say they are passing them to the relevant department for further investigation. Watch this space, but don't hold your breath
Old 24-09-17, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue from Southend View Post
I messaged Ancestry on FB re the removal of some images and the non existence on the new records. They asked for examples - duly sent - and they say they are passing them to the relevant department for further investigation. Watch this space, but don't hold your breath
Thanks Sue. I rather lazily assumed it was just something they hadn't completed. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!
Old 26-09-17, 14:07

A reply!

"Hi Sue, thank you for your message and your patience as we checked in with our wider team. We can confirm that this issue occurred when the collection was updated last week and we apologise for any inconveniences it has caused to your research. Our team are aware of the issue and are working to have it resolved within the next 7-8 weeks. Thanks for taking the time to share the links as well. We take the concerns of our customers very seriously and all feedback is helpful. Thank you"

It'll be interesting to see how long it actually takes. Perhaps we should run a sweepstake
Old 26-09-17, 15:13
Administrator

Thanks for the information, Sue. Glad to know they're working on it.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update