Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 12-01-12, 06:41
Administrator

1911 Elizabeth Pring is the housekeeper and says she is a widow. Egbert is a boarder in the house and is a general labourer.

Elizabeth does not say how long she was married but she says she had one child, and then that is crossed out.

When we have passed a certain age, the soul of the child we were
and the souls of the dead from whom we have sprung come to lavish on us their riches and their spells
(Marcel Proust)

Christine
Old 12-01-12, 06:48
Administrator

Presumably the crossing out is because she wasn't supposed to report about children if she was a widow.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 12-01-12, 07:15
Administrator

I imagine so, the householder who was also a widower has done the same thing.
At least we know that Elizabeth is admitting to having one child.

When we have passed a certain age, the soul of the child we were
and the souls of the dead from whom we have sprung come to lavish on us their riches and their spells
(Marcel Proust)

Christine
Old 12-01-12, 09:22

I assume Ken is sending for the birth cert.
Old 11-04-15, 18:32

Ken, my great (step) grandfather was Egbert Pring. He lived with Beatrice Shaw/Stone from about 1914 until his death. They got married in 1928 when I presume her 1st husband died - no divorce. Her 1st husband was William Stone. Stone was a gypsy, their first child, Beatrice, was my grandmother. My mother,Peggy told me about going to Stone's funeral when his possessions were burnt in the caravan. As a child I met all the Prings and some of the Stones. I have a fair amount of information including Egbet's death. I've only just joined this site so only just found your post. We should email
Old 12-04-15, 08:45
Administrator

Hi Sue, Welcome to GF!

It looks like Ken hasn't been on this site for a while, but if you click his user name on the first post (chas3351), select View Public Profile and then click the Contact Info tab you will see an option to send him a message by email.

I hope you mange to make contact!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 12-04-15, 10:04

Thanks Merry, I have now done that albeit late Saturday night. Will just have to wait now and hope. Will post on forum if contact is made just to let everyone know. Thanks for the welcome to GF.
Old 13-04-15, 10:58
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Sue, My 3xgrtgrandfather John Sloman m Amy Pring at Milverton in 1816.
Her line has been traced 3 generations with the men all marrying Mary .. so maybe they thought they needed a change and named her Amy!!
Edward Pring married Mary Hall, William Pring m Mary Southey, Anthony Pring m 1725 at Milverton to Mary Farthing. I would imagine there is a fair chance that we are somehow connected. Do any of these names ring a bell? Julie
Old 07-07-15, 18:17

Hi Julie, not been on site for a while so just got your message. None of the names you mention mean anything to me but I have not traced back the pring line as my interest has been focused on the stone family (Beatrice Prings 1st marriage). Not sure where my g gfather fits into your list but as pring seems an unusual name there is a chance we are connected somehow.