Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 28-02-12, 14:38
Administrator

I was just looking at that gravestone photo again and noticed (surely not for the first time????) that David Maynard died 180 years to the day before my daughter was born! I must be losing my marbles as I have no recollection of noticing that before!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 01-03-12, 14:40
Administrator

Well the good news is I now have four pages of DM's handwriting and enjoyed his spelling very much! Also his request for a funeral, "with as little parade and expence (sic) as decency will allow"

It's a good job I didn't need the will to prove any relationships though, as all he manages is to say he has a living wife and living children who are aged under 21. That's it. His farm and shop were worth £400.

There was one thing I've not seen on any other will though - that should his wife choose to remarry he would then give her £50 She never did!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010

Tags
to3g25